NMR Practitioner Directory
- Mod 1 NMR Practitioner
- Mod 2 NMR Practitioner
- Mod 3 NMR Practitioner
- Mod 4 NMR Practitioner
7950 South Lincoln Street, Suite 108, Colorado, USA 80122
Massage for post accident/surgery, oncology/cancer, improved function and stress reduction.
- I started massage as an adjunct to my moonlighting job. I worked at a small music venue, and we often had artists who had driven too long, or played the shiny new guitar for too many hours in a row to play without pain. My job was to get them onstage and keep them there.
- I learned trigger point and similar techniques on the fly. One artist gently asked if I could connect him with "a real massage therapist."
- I vowed never to hear that again, and pursued a massage education.
- I've been blessed with challenging and complex clients, who allow me to keep learning in the service of healing.
- My style draws from several traditions, informed my the latest research into movement and pain.
- It is gentle work with lasting effect.
Favorite focus areas:
- Neck and shoulder, hips, feet, hands. Difficult and problematic structures.
- Especially in long sessions.
Specialties / favorite modalities:
- Accident, injury and surgical rehabilitation massage, certified in oncology/cancer massage, several Eastern techniques, Neuromuscular Reprogramming (active release), myofascial release, gentle deep tissue.
- I have extensive experience working on clients with shunt tubes.
- LGBTQ friendly. Considerable experience with transitioning clients.
Education and certifications:
- About 750 hours of education, so far.
- McKinnon Body Therapy Center/Accupressure Institute, Oakland, CA (basic certification)
- Institute of Conscious Bodywork, Mill Valley, CA (Neuromuscular Reprogramming)
- Additional study with Art Riggs, who literally wrote the book on Deep Tissue techniques; Ben Benjamin, expert in orthopedic massage; and Carolyn Tague, expert in oncology massage.
Acupressure Cancer/Oncology Massage Deep Tissue Massage Energy Work Myofascial Release (MFR) NeuroMuscular Reprogramming NMR® Postpartum Massage Reflexology Shiatsu Stress Reduction Massage Swedish Massage Trigger Point therapy
Mon. 10:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Tue. 10:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Wed. 10:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Sun. 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM