7 Mind Body Tips for Handling Stress: Rebooting Your Body & Mind
7 Whole Body Tips For Taking Time Away From Busyness and Soft Addictions — by Steve Sisgold
Boy have we gotten busy. Our reasons for being “on” most of the time might include economic pressure, a need to stay connected socially, or even having a creative or business idea that just has to be shared with as many people as possible. Fair enough. These are all good reasons to stay busy. However with Silicon Valley companies inventing wonderful new tools that have become soft addictions for many of us, it’s getting harder and harder to put down our cell phones, IPads and laptops to take much needed breaks from our busyness. With the ability to access our smart tools 24/7, many of us at times, forget to balance work and social media time with our personal off line time for exercise, family, spiritual practices, or just plain fun.
Can I Take a Pause?
People are finding they still are staying connected to their screens, thinking about work, and stressing over past and future events, even at home or on a tropical vacation. I lived on Maui for five years and I saw it everywhere, from mad texting going on at the pools at luxury resorts to serious cell phone conversations on a trail in the Bamboo Forest. It’s hard to unplug! So even on vacation many people are still over stimulating their brain and disconnecting from their body and the important people around them. So what can we do? Make mind-body balance a new essential daily habit.
7 Mindful Tips To Create A More Mind Body Balanced Life
Just like when we unplug and reboot our smart tools when they freeze or act lethargic, we also need to reboot ourselves regularly. When you unplug and regenerate consistently your brain gets to relax and your decisions and life activities become more balanced.
- Take some dedicated time each week to unplug and examine your work/life/online scale. Make an appointment with you as the CEO of your life to make a plan to assess your activities to see if they are balanced to your satisfaction.
- List what is a priority to you in key areas of your life. From your health, career, and relationships to relaxation, fun, and personal growth, put your priorities in your calendar first. Having your priorities and desires clearly mapped out in this way greatly assists you to stay balanced and move in the direction of what you really want.
- Keep agreements with yourself. This is essential. This is key to give you a rock-solid foundation from which to create the balanced life you desire. If you keep 50% of your agreements you will get 50% results.
- Listen to your body when making decisions. If your body says “no,” to a busy project, listen. Your body when it lines up with your perfect life plan, becomes a reliable barometer that can remind you to make choices in every moment that will give you energy and the balanced life you desire and deserve.
- Stay connected to your body, while using smart tools.
Keep your head up and don’t lean in to your devices. Have them adjust to you instead of you adjusting to them. Poor posture like staring down at your phone for several hours straight can cause neck pain and cut off oxygen to your brain, for instance. You then spend more time healing ailments then doing what you truly desire to do.
- Take hourly stretch breaks. Stretch your neck up and down and sideways, especially when you are using smart tools. Get up and shake out any tension or stiffness to create more body/mind balance…
- Take a personal body/mind balance assessment test. Receive specific written and audio tips and solutions according to your responses, to achieve more body/mind balance in your life and work.